Usui Reiki Ryoho or Reiki Ryoho or Reiho ('Usui Spiritual Energy Healing Method'):
Reiki means, 'spiritual energy'; and Ryoho means, 'healing method, therapy, remedy, cure' - is the original name(s) attributed to Reiki by Mikao Usui. When Usui achieved satori (enlightenment) on Kurama Yama, he developed a system of wellness and spiritual growth, which he called Usui Reiki Ryoho, Reiki Ryoho or Reiho, for short.
Usui Shiki Ryoho ('Usui Style Healing'):
Shiki means 'style, ceremony, rite, method, system, form'; and Ryoho means, 'healing method, therapy, remedy, cure' - The method taught by the Reiki Alliance and some Independent Reiki Masters. It is not known where the name Usui Shiki Ryoho originated. Perhaps with Dr. Hayashi or Mrs. Takata, however in one recorded session in 1979, she tells the history of Reiki and refers to the name of the system as Usui Reiki Ryoho. Mrs. Takata did use the name Usui Shiki Ryoho on the certificates she issued to her students. When comparing the information contained in the Usui Hikkei, Hayashi Hikkei and the Gray book, 'A Memorial to Takata Sensei' compiled by Alice Takata Furumoto, one will notice that the information is very similar. Little has changed. The information, the way it was presented and some of the techniques remained intact. It is known, that Mrs. Takata changed the history of Reiki, perhaps to have this wonderful system more readily accepted by a primarily Christian country (U.S.). It must also be kept in mind that when she began to teach (1938 - 1980), Mrs. Takata was faced with passing on a primarily Japanese Buddhist discipline, to American Christians during and after a major war (ending in 1945) with Japan. It is not surprising she made some changes.
Dr. Mikao Usui the founder of Reiki Ryoho, adopted five admonitions to live by from the Meiji Emperor, that if applied with Reiki, would heal the body, bring peace of mind, and happiness in life. Following are those admonitions, taught as the Reiki Principles/Precepts/Ideals. It is interesting to see the variations from the various Reiki Organizations, even in the translated version (from the original document in Usui Sensei's handwriting).
From Usui Sensei's memorial, 'when it comes to teaching, first let the student understand well the Meiji Emperor's admonitory, then in the morning and in the evening let them chant and have in mind the five admonitions which are:
Don't get angry today.
Don't be grievous.
Express your thanks.
Be diligent in your business.
Be kind to others.
- Usui Sensei said, "Reiki Ryoho is a spiritual healing technique and an energy healing technique". Spiritual healing connects one with Universal Consciousness bringing Spiritual growth by healing core patterns and issues and helping one remember the fullness of 'who they are'. Energy healing brings relief of pain and symptoms in the mind, body and emotions.
- Reiki Ryoho brings one to understand the 'purpose of life'; establishes the 'Self' which is aware of the 'True meaning of Life' as part of Universal Consciousness; connects one to Higher levels of consciousness. Reiki Ryoho is Spiritually-guided, is an individual experience and a powerful tool for personal growth and spiritual enlightenment.
- Reiki Ryoho expands 'Love', helping one to understand the True meaning of 'Unconditional Love'. Reiho increases and spreads the vibration of 'Love' to all life.
- Reiki Ryoho expands 'Harmony', raises one's vibrations to be in sync (or resonance) with the Divine and in so doing brings 'Peace' and happiness on personal, family and global levels. It is for you and everyone alive who is desirous of a higher quality of life. Reiki is pure 'Divine Light'.
- Reiki Ryoho restores wholeness to body, mind and spirit, increases intuition, and helps one reconnect to their 'God-given' gifts of clairvoyance, clairaudience, and clairsentience. It is a transcendental, counterclockwise spiraling energy, which works with physical, mental, emotional and spiritual levels simultaneously. It is an evolutionary process, which will increase the natural flow of events and patterns of manifestation in all life. This precise self-help technique encourages personal growth and transformation on all levels.
- Reiki Ryoho is a powerful natural system that unlocks the inner flow of vital energy, restoring and balancing the energy systems in all living things. This natural healing system is complete and whole in and of itself, yet acts synergistically with all other healing methods. It is for preventing disorders, maintaining positive wellness, helping the healing process and is beneficial in emergency situations or when used with medical and other procedures.
- Reiki is always available and is unlimited; once attuned to the energy, you never lose it and cannot over use it. It is safe and easy to use anytime, any place, any situation and it can never be used to manipulate or control anything.
- Reiki Ryoho is not a religion or religious cult. It has no dogma or specific doctrine of beliefs. It does not require faith, so is not akin to "laying-on-of-hands". Reiki works whether you or the recipient believe in it or not.
- Reiki Ryoho is not channeling (the practitioner is like a funnel), a form of mind control or hypnosis; is not based on imagination, wishful thinking or visualization and is not dependent upon a certain state of mind. It is not necessary to be in a meditative state to effectively do Reiki Ryoho.
- Reiki Ryoho does not involve E.S.P. or unusual psychic phenomenon; is not a form of psychic healing or psychic surgery and is not a massage technique.
- Reiki Ryoho is not difficult to use or limited to a select few people. It is not just for when one is ill or used simply to reduce pain and symptoms. Reiho wholes the body, bringing it into sync with the Divine rhythm of the Universe. Everyone can learn, use and benefit from daily use of Reiho. Reiki Ryoho cannot be taught by just anyone, it is necessary to receive extensive training in order to teach the system. There are many organizations, schools, and individuals that teach Reiki but few teach Usui Reiki Ryoho.
Benefits of Reiki Ryoho
- Heals cause, eliminates effect of the imbalance
- Does not conflict with religious beliefs
- Is an alternative, natural healing and helping method
- Can be combined with other healing methods
- Minimizes feelings of helplessness when faced with a crisis situation
- Releases accumulated daily stress
- Lasts a lifetime
- Promotes from within qualities of loving, caring, growing, compassion, trusting, self-actualizing, goodwill, peace and serenity
- Is an intelligent energy which goes to greatest need
- Reiki starts to flow when you touch something; it's always on
- Reiki does not interfere with medical treatments; enhances medications, quickens healing time, reduces need for anesthetic
Usui Shiki Ryoho is taught in 3 Degrees or Levels
Being tailored to suit western students, Japanese terminology is not used to describe these Levels - infact, beyond the symbol names and the terms: 'Reiki', 'Usui Shiki Ryoho' and 'Usui Reiki Ryoho' there are no Japanese terms used at all.
Usui Shiki Reiki Ryoho Level 1 (Shoden)
Usui Reiki First Degree Reiki will provide you with an introduction to the history of Reiki, healing concepts as well as providing you with the ability to heal through attunements. These powerful attunements are a clearing away process and a strengthening of your connection to the universal light energy. After the attunement, you wil be able to sense and more effectively direct this energy to heal yourself and others.
Usui Shiki Reiki Ryoho Level 2 (Okuden)
The Symbols are used in the process of this attunement these symbols are Power symbol (Cho Ku Rei),Mental Emotional symbol (Sei Hi Kei),Distance Healing symbol (Hon Sha Ze Sho Nen). This course is aimed at a practioner level to enable students to become proficient at Reiki so as to practice it. You will learn Long distance techniques and giving treatments to others you will also learn about the Reiki Symbols.
Usui Shiki Reiki Ryoho Level 3 Master/Teacher (Shinpiden)
At Master/Teacher level you will be shown and attuned to one Master Symbol which will amplify your abilities further and also enable you to pass attunements to other students in all three levels of Reiki and to teach others.
Prerequisites: anyone, basic of reiki system
Founder system: Mikao Usui
System: Distant Methode
3 times attunements and You will receive one distance attunement a manual and a certificate and Lineage sent by email you will also receive on-going support.
Course cost is US$ 157,-